What Is The Best Method To Clean Sofa? A sofa or a couch is a common item in everyone’s house. You need to keep it clean all the time. You should not let the stains and dust cramp your stylish and iconic sofa. You may know the fact that couches bring comfortability and happiness in your drawing-room.
So, it enhances the beauty of your drawing or living room. Eventually, you spend so much time on your couch or sofa from watching your favorite movies to taking your dinner. So, the couch can easily attract spills, food oils, odors, body odors, and oil.
Apart from this, the sofa will easily capture dust and dirt. So, you need to maintain a clean sofa and keep it just like the new one. What is the best method to clean sofa?
How to clean the sofa?
You should follow the cleaning methods weekly to prevent the long-term effects of spills, dirt, and dust. You should keep your sofa safe from daily wear and tear. You should follow these easy tips to keep your sofa clean and extend its longevity as well:
- You should use a broom or dry brush to loosen up the dust, dirt, and mites from your couch or sofa.
- After that, you can use your vacuum cleaner to vacuum all dust and debris. You need to set the vacuum at low power and remove all food particles and debris on the upholstery.
- You should also clean the cushions to ensure their good appearance.
How to deep clean your sofa?
You need to deep clean your sofa. You need to take care of deep stains, dirt, and all. For this, you need a cleaning cloth, hard brush, vacuum cleaner, and baking soda as well. You can easily clean your sofa with baking soda. You need to follow these steps:
- You should test the fabric of your sofa before cleaning it. Baking soda is very much useful for many things. It is a perfect cleaning agent. You should know that baking soda is safe for cleaning multiple types of fabric sofa.
- You should brush the sofa to get rid of dust, dirt, mites, and debris.
- After that, you should apply baking soda to your sofa fabric. After applying the baking soda to your sofa, you need to wait for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After that, you need to vacuum the baking soda from the sofa. You can use the brush of the vacuum cleaner to remove baking soda particles from your sofa.
But before starting any cleaning procedure, you need to read the manufacturer’s instructions for your sofa. You need to check manufacturer instructions before attempting any cleaning procedure. You can check out these sofa cleaning methods:
1. Steam cleaning:
Steam cleaning uses a high temperature of heat to remove or discard dust, mites, dirt, and all. It also discards all types of unhealthy particles from the sofa. This cleaning method also removes excess moisture from the sofa. This cleaning method is affordable and better than other types of the cleaning process.
2. Chemical cleaning method:
You can use the chemical to clean your sofa. You should use the perfect chemical for your sofa fabric. So, before choosing any chemicals, you need to do your research and find out which chemical is the best choice for your couch. You can also ask an expert if you cannot understand which chemical is the best for your type of sofa fabric.
3. Dry cleaning method:
This is a method of cleaning without using water. This method is best for stain removal. So, if you have stains on your sofa then, you should try this method of cleaning. This is one of the best cleaning solutions. Apart from this, due to the dry cleaning method, you should not waste your time drying the sofa.
4. carbonation cleaning method:
It is a natural cleaning process. It takes 4 to 6 hours. It is an eco-friendly cleaning method. You can use less water in this cleaning process. This cleaning procedure will create a protective shield on the sofa and minimize the level of dirt and grime. This cleaning method can create a perfect protection shield.
What Is The Best Method To Clean Sofa? – Conclusion
These are some popular cleaning methods. You need to choose the best cleaning method as per your budget. You need to select the best cleaning method to keep your sofa just like the new one. If you cannot do this then, you should hire professional upholstery cleaning services.